A Summer “Bucket List”
30 Things I Vow to Do This Summer*
- Spend time outdoors every day, rain or shine!
- Gather everything needed for spontaneous beach or park trips and keep in the car so we’re ready to go at a moment’s notice.
- Go strawberry picking…then make freezer jam!
- Take Shane tenting camping.
- Keep trying to make myself summer skirts…eventually I’ll get one right!
- Visit the beach (ocean or lake) at least once a week.
- Try as many new-to-us vegetables and fruits as I can find from local farmer’s markets.
- Make tomato sauce from scratch from our own tomatoes.
- During a summer shower, run outside to jump in puddles and dance in the rain.
- Relax in front of a campfire and enjoy s’mores.
- Begin a family quest in search of the best local ice cream stand.
- Explore tide pools.
- Get the fuuny ice-cream-ball-maker-thing out of attic and try making ice cream!
- Wear a swimsuit without making a degrading comment about my body.
- Wake up after midnight to view the Perseid meteor shower in August.
- Make plenty of homemade pizzas — on the grill!
- Go to our town’s annual outdoor music festival.
- Finish planting the new perennial garden by our apartment steps.
- Pick flowers from the garden each week and bring them inside to enjoy.
- Remember to use sunscreen on myself, not just on my son.
- Push Shane’s bedtime back one night, and head outside to chase fireflies around the yard.
- During a heat wave, go out for ice cream instead of dinner!
- Get a pedicure…then keep my tootsies flip-flop ready all summer long.
- Spend a morning exploring a flea market.
- Plan a few special date nights with my husband – even if we aren’t able to leave the house.
- Make a sandcastle, and stay at the beach long enough to watch the tide come in to reclaim it.
- Keep the freezer stocked with homemade frozen pops, using the same molds my mom had used when I was a child.
- Make an effort to find time each day for writing.
- Take Shane on a train ride from a neighboring town to the beach for the day.
- Work on a bucket list for autumn!
: : : : :
*This prompt was borrowed from last Thursday’s Writer’s Workshop,
hosted weekly on Mama’s Losin’ It.
(I had this half-written in my draft folder…and then forgot all about it until this morning. Oops…!).