10 Reasons Why I’m Glad it’s Fall
1. Crisp autumn air…and pulling all the cozy sweaters and cute jackets out of storage!
2. Brilliant autumn colors, and the crunch of leaves underfoot.
3. Comfort food — crock-pot beef stew, white chicken chili, baked mac & cheese, meatloaf, chicken pot pies, and my Grammy’s tuna noodle casserole.
4. Being able to bake again — during the height of summer, our apartment gets unbearably hot (even with the A.C. cranking) whenever we use the oven.
5. Apple picking…which of course means plenty of apple pie, apple sauce, apple crisp, and sauteed apple rings over vanilla ice cream!
6. Our yearly tradition of painting (rather than carving) pumpkins.
2010’s pumpkin is yet to be painted…
7. Speaking of pumpkins: pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, pumpkin doughnuts, actually…pumpkin anything!
8. Homemade Halloween costumes.
Shane’s costume last Halloween…he was my little Wild Thing!
9. Butternut Squash Bread. Num!
10. Country fairs — fried dough, soup in bread bowls, and caramel apples…need I say more?!
* Huh. Six out of ten reasons for why I love autumn primarily revolve around food. I’m not quite sure what to make about that…but I’m pregnant, so you can be sure that I’m going to indulge in my every delicious autumn desire!
: : : : :