After the events of the past week, I’m fighting against my nature to wallow in feelings of stress, anxiety, and worry.
I know that I need to refocus, to center myself, and to recall all that I am grateful for, all that is positive in my life. So with this desire to discover a new perspective, here’s a new List of Ten.
Ten things, both momentous and mundane, that have brought joy and peace to my life.
Ten things to remind me of all that is good, right here and now.
Ten things that I am grateful to have experienced this week.
1. This morning’s incredibly reassuring follow-up appointment with my primary care doctor.
2. Listening to Shane’s sweet voice as he sings his heart out to a hysterically diverse variety of songs, ranging from Dem Bones to The Wheels on the Bus, from Laurie Berkner’s Moon, Moon, Moon to his wordless rendition of the theme song for the American version of “The Office.”
3. Being home again with my husband and son, and cherishing all the mundane, routine, and incredibly precious moments of our days together.
4. A pile of books on loan from friends and borrowed from the library, waiting to be read.
5. Sharing an entire fresh, juicy honeydew melon with my little man as our afternoon snack.
6. Sleeping in my own bed, snuggled up with my husband, where I belong.
7. Overstuffed vases of vibrant autumn blooms.
8. Shane’s new love of all things Dr. Seuss, especially Horton the Elephant (or “Blue Yup-bah-sant,” as Shane calls him).
9. The warmth and support and love of my husband, our families, and some truly remarkable friends.
10. An abundance of strong, comforting hugs from my husband, and sloppy kisses from my son.