List of Ten
It’s been an emotional roller-coaster of a week. The highs have been phenomenal…while the lows have left me humbled and raw.
I feel emotionally spent, horribly discouraged, and disappointed in myself and in my body.
I desperately need to slow down, refocus, and find my center again.
So, in the spirit of last week’s overwhelming positivity, here’s a new list of ten.
Ten things, both momentous and mundane, that have brought joy and peace to my life.
Ten things to remind me of all that is good, right here and now.
Ten things that I am grateful to have experienced this week.
- The coolness in the air after a thunderstorm.
- An abundance of basil growing in our garden — there’s going to be plenty of caprese salads and pesto in our future!
- Homemade popsicles melting down little chins.
- Heading to the library to pick up a stack of much-anticipated books that arrived through inter-library loan.
- Vibrant blooms in our new flower bed, on perennials that were shared from the gardens of family & friends.
- Good friends, both old and new — Shane & I have had a wonderful visit this week with an old high school friend and her boys, and a wildly fun play-date with our mom’s group yesterday.
- Banishing a looming headache with lavender essential oil — what a relief! (And quite the surprise…I didn’t believe it would actually work!)
- Snacking on spicy radishes, fresh from the garden.
- Heavenly preserves, purchased at a local farm stand yesterday (seriously, that’s how they’re labeled: “Heavenly Preserves.” And they are heavenly!)
- Listening to the murmur of my husband’s voice, and my son’s bubbling laughter, while reading bedtime stories together earlier tonight.