A Wonderful (Computer-Free) Week
My computer’s back! Aiiiiiiieeeeeeee!
(Please excuse me while I take a quick Happy Dance break!)
I’ve been without my computer for about a week now…and it’s embarrassing to admit what excruciating torture it was over the first few days! I have been able to steal a few moments here or there on my parents’ and my in-law’s computers, for quick e-mail checks and Facebook browsing. My blog has been untouched, my blog reader virtually ignored (so much reading to catch up on!) and despite — or, more honestly, because of — my lack of computer access, I’ve had an amazingly wonderful week.
• We’ve gone on countless walks around our neighborhood.
• We enjoyed our first mini-hike of the year.
• We broke out the bubble solution and sidewalk chalk.
• We destroyed the kitchen baked Daddy a birthday cake.
• We explored a new local playground.
• I started a new journal that I’ll be keeping for Shane — something I’d been meaning to get around to starting since he was a newborn!
• I rediscovered my Gratitude Journal, and began making an effort to recognize all that I have to be grateful for in my life.
• I dusted off my old journal, and began some good “old-fashioned” pen-and-paper journaling. I love blogging — love the community that evolves around blogs, the feedback, support, and friendship something I never expected when I first began blogging, and something that I cherish today. But there’s something so immensely satisfying, on such a deep level, about curling up with your thoughts and a blank book. I hadn’t realized just how much I missed putting my heart on paper until this past week…which gives me something unexpected to add to today’s gratitude journal entry: I’m grateful for being forced to go without my computer for over a week. Who knew?!
For those of you who blog, do you also keep physical journals?
How do you juggle finding the time to write in the journal as well as continue to update your blog?
What do you keep in mind when you’re deciding what writing you’ll posted online and what is for your eyes only?