101 List Update — Month One
8. Organize digital photos, save the good ones, delete the bad ones, and back up the “keepers.”
In process…I have photos dating back to 2005 on our computer, so this is going to take more time — and more CDs — that I initially expected!
41. Pull our ice cream maker out of storage and actually use it! Make homemade ice cream at least once a month*.
Nothing like waiting until the last minute! We’re making Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream from the Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert cookbook this afternoon.
42. Plan a meatless meal one night a week for 10 weeks*.
Week 1: Homemade Baked Mac & Cheese and Gypsy Soup. (I forgot about this goal, and just started keeping track this week).
43. Plan a crock-pot meal one night a week for 10 weeks*.
Week 1: Farmhouse Chicken and Garden Soup. (Forgot this one, too, and just started keeping track).
49. Go to the dentist.
I finally made the call, have gone in for x-rays, and have an appointment for an exam & cleaning on the calendar for next month. This is a major step for me — I’m terrified of going to the dentist, and haven’t been since my dentist retired several years ago.
60. Create a play kitchen for Shane from a second-hand entertainment center.
I’ve got an old entertainment center that was passed on to us from my sister-in-law. Next, I’ve got to go to Home Depot with my husband to pick up plywood for the backing & more shelves.
65. Read 100+ books
- Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures by Amanda Blake Soule
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
- Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott
- Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life by Jenna Woginrich
- The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections by Amanda Blake Soule
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott (almost finished).
85. Host at least one play-date in my home a month, whether it’s with my mom’s group, an individual friend, or my sister*.
January: Hosted a playdate with my mom’s group.
86. Plan a special date night with my husband once a month for one year – even if we aren’t able to leave the house*.
Date night at The Cheese Cake Factory!
90. Write thank you notes for Christmas & my birthday*.
I’m embarrassed…I’m only half-way done with my Christmas thank yous. I need to finish these up this week.
97. Put together care packages for troops serving overseas.
The first care package is ready to go, and will be mailed out this week!